I’m an artist and a jewelry designer. I’m also a wife, a mom to three baby grownups and I recently quit my job as a community manager for an investment firm to work for myself full time. I have no idea what I’m doing but I’m excited to see what happens.
you should know that I come from a long line of creative, classic and elegant women and I’m unbelievably thankful to have been influenced and encouraged by each of them. this is my therapy. I’ve always been fascinated by color, pattern and form and I decided a few years ago that after raising my children and investing all of myself in my family, it was time to start re-investing in myself. since then I’ve been spearheading a personal “no mom left behind” campaign and learning the business of selling myself. an unexpected return on my investment is that I’ve found something I didn’t even know I was looking for – a virtual community of likeminded, creative and entrepreneurial people.
this blog started as a place to showcase my work but has grown into a creative outlet to post ideas, inspirations and current projects, with a whole lot of family thrown in the mix.
a few facts:
- I belong to 1 husband, 3 almost-grownup kids and 1 dog
- we’ve lived in 10 houses, 2 apartments, in 7 states, in 25 years
- we moved again in 2017 and I’m done moving.
- I have a degree in studio art from skidmore college
- once upon a time, I worked at GQ
- I love making lists
- I loathe talking on the phone
- favorite smell: freshly mown grass
- I’m afraid of math
- I organize everything by color
- I won’t eat crustaceans or mollusks
- I don’t like coffee – I drink diet coke
- when in doubt, go with the answer to: what would Doris Day wear?
- here’s a post with some of my favorite projects
- I think this personal post is one of my best
enough about me – what do you have to say? tell me what you’re working on, what inspires you or even what you had for lunch. did you see something you liked? and remember, there’s no such thing as a dumb question.