I’ve got a board over on pinterest called ‘here’s what I’m thinking’ and it features a variety of images that inspire me creatively. Typically things are pinned because I’m drawn to the construction or design of a piece or I love a specific colorway. The images include fashion/jewelry, home accessories/interiors and even graphic design/logos.
Here’s what currently playing in my head for a new necklace palette – which is oddly not very spring-like but would certainly be wearable any season.
- a pair of gold wheat sheaf sconces from High Street Market
- graphic kuba cloth from the African Fabric Shop
- how fabulous is this number from Temperly London’s Fall 2013 collection?
- hand painted scalloped lantern sconce from Cole & Company
- furbish carries this sharp lacquered burl wood box with black edging
- this scarf isn’t available at plümo anymore but they offer other great finds
- I love this chair/floor combo from Lonny’s September 2012 issue
Interestingly, I’ve had this bedroom from Lonny pinned for ages which has the same warm woods and contrasting black colors. It’s the inspiration I’m using for my son’s room now that he’s off at college. I need to dress it up as a guest room but without completely making him feel kicked out. Here’s another shot I like although I’m not sure of the source – I found it on this Solid Frog blog post.